Thursday, July 17, 2014

Sass.

People are an interesting bunch.  While sometimes we would like to think that the most disgusting person we know isn't related or connected to us in any way, they are. While you may vary in many ways, we all as humans have one verity specific thing in common; The fact that we are all humans. When I picked up the job that I work now, I wasn't expecting to deal with sassy people, but little did I know, I do...all the time. As I sit here and type this up, I am still in my business clothes, trying to not get worked by thinking about the sass that I encountered while on shift. Looking back on the day, it wasn't necessarily the amount of sassy or rude people I encountered, rather the severity of the few. 
It blows me away when I think about the disrespect that I and others have encountered, but then I think back to my own actions. 
When I was younger, all the way through my teenage years, my mother would constantly be reminding me to "watch my attitude." To this day I have a tendency to get worked up about various mistakes, or things that I could have done better. I am a perfectionist, and with that perfection comes a whole lot of stress. The moments when I am stressed, I am distracted by the stress, and do not realize just how sassy I am being. Sometimes I like to give everyone else the benefit of the doubt that maybe they are just stressed out as well. It is a sad realization when the person you hoped was just stressed, is in fact just an incredibly rude person. 
Taking this class, on top of having two jobs, was one of the most challenging things I have done in  a long time. While there hasn't been an unbearable work load, it has caused a bit of stress. When I am stressed, I am learning that it is an okay thing to feel, but not a valid reason to treat others like they are any less important then they are. We are all humans, we all live on this earth, so I say let's stop treating each other like we are the most important and start extending grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment