Thursday, July 10, 2014

Special Place

I love being outside. Whenever I have the opportunity to go outside I take full advantage of it. Walking, running, biking, hiking, climbing, and camping are my favorite things to do. Having the opportunity to be outside is a huge blessing. When I think about all of the people who aren't able to do all of the things that I take for granted, and those activities become that much more important to me.
Everyone has a favorite place. To each person that place is somewhere different and unique. My favorite place is always changing. As I go through life and am challenged by different experiences, my place of solace could be in a different place then it was the day before. There have been points in my life that a specific beach, hidden path in a forest, or even the middle of a field have all taken the "special place" title captive. While my favorite place has varied in location, It has not ever been inside.  This fact directly correlates to my passion for the outdoors, and the release I experience while outside. 
Not everyone has a favorite place, and some, like myself, can not narrow down there's to just one location. When it comes to your favorite place it just has to be a place that helps you relax and find whatever peace of mind you are trying to find. 
The variety of people that are in this English class all, obviously speaking, have varying interests. These interests play into the locations that are selected. I have loved being able to learn about people and their lives through all of the discussions and blog posts. It has also helped me to form theories about specific students and where their favorite places would be. 

1 comment:

  1. Charissa,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post. It was actually relaxing. Like you, I also enjoy the outdoors and all the activities supported by the outdoors. There are so many beautiful things to be seen and adventurous activities to do outside. Nature is just amazing! The indoors definitely do not offer the same things as outdoors. In our English class everyone does have different likes and dislikes. It seems as though we are together though in regards to the outdoors!
    Abigail

    ReplyDelete